Monday, September 26, 2016

Plastic in the Poo....

Today on our walk Roxie forced me to have a contemplative moment. She was making her second number 2 and I was about to clean it up when I noticed it had an unusual sheen. Great. I leaned in closer to examine it bracing myself carefully. The last time I leaned over and let my guard down she lunged at a passing truck and I wound up flat on my back with the wind knocked out of me. What's this? Roxies poop is coating a shiny piece of cellophane of some sort. Like the kind that is over packages of cigarettes. Obviously I know she hasn't started smoking but as I add this little gem to my collection of full poop bags I speculated on where she could have come across this and why should would have eaten it. My dogs are incredibly well fed and eating plastic wrap seems, well.... a little desperate. More like the behavior of some cracked out poodle or a spastic min pin. We kept going and about this time we are rounding the block and passing St. Pius. As luck would have it my Pandora station (which is broadcasting publically over my cell phone speaker) starts blaring a song where the lyrics state "i'm da baddest bitch in dis club." I am often shocked when I hear unedited songs on Pandora, because apparently I don't get out much and have no idea what these songs actually say. Of course this song is pretty conservative. The ones that shock me usually involve a man giving a woman detailed instructions on what to do with his penis. Using less technical language of course. Anyway this wouldn't have been a big deal except right at this moment a little old lady was walking past us towards the church. I started praying she was deaf or had been a prostitute in a past life so perhaps this wouldn't be shameful and awkward. "Sweet doggies!" She chortled as she walked past me and the next song started- a persuasive argument for everyone to take shots. (vodka- not flu or pneumonia, where is Weird Al when you need him?) Note to self- change Pandora station on that block. Something virtuous like Amy Grant or some kind of nun station. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment